Old August 7th 03, 10:01 PM
D. Stussy

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, JJ wrote:
K0HB wrote:
"D. Stussy" wrote
If my position is wrong, as you seem to think, point out the fault in the
logic.

Logic? All I see is a troll.

Stussy doesn't apply logic, he has been spouting the same stuff
over and over. He just can't seem to except the fact that until
the FCC drops the code requirement, if it does, that nothing has
changed as far as U.S. Amateur radio.

1) Try addressing me PROPERLY; i.e. a surname is normally prefixed by Mr.

2) I agree that the FCC hasn't changed anything, but they didn't have to.
They made their regulation dependent on a regulation outside of their control,
and when that outside regulation was changed, the change to the U.S. rules was
AUTOMATIC on account of the dependency. The change that was made propagated
down; no explicit change to U.S. law was even needed.

3) You seem to think that I am saying that no-coders have HF privileges.
That's the only thing I can conclude about your comment about dropping code.
YOU ARE WRONG. I haven't said any such thing. What I said is that coded
Technicians and Novices have LOST HF privileges as a result of the
international change. Why? Because their right to operate HF was NOT based on
holding "element 1 credit" (like that of the other license classes) but on an
international requirement that has been eliminated (and replaced with a
national option) and with the referred to requirement gone, there is no way
under the FCC's regulation that these licensees can show compliance with the
non-existent requirement; thus, their HF privileges were CANCELLED.