Old August 8th 03, 01:00 AM
Brian Kelly

"Bert Craig" wrote in message v.net...
"N2EY" wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

The point is that hams actually using CW/Morse for communications
don't gather anywhere near as many enforcement actions as hams using
'phone modes for communications. The difference is far more than can
be accounted for by the greater popularity of 'phone modes.

Is there a CW equivalent of the W6NUT repeater, 14,313 or 3950?

We're not quite above such things.

Yes, we are.

Agreed.

Agreed about what?? That CW ops are "infractionless" wrt to knowingly
interfering with each other?

You oughta been there the nite in
the early '70s when the Big Guns got together and decided to hammer
Radio Moscow off a freq around 7.030. You bet it worked, Moscow moved
up the band and didn't come back.

That was hams uniting to repel an illegal intruder. 7.000 to 7.100 has

been
worldwide exclusive amateur since at least 1929.

Was that action legal, Jim? I certainly believe that it was the correct
action, given the circumstances. I'd always believed that deliberate
interference was illegal no matter what and that that intruders were to be
handled by the FCC.

Radio Moscow wasn't/isn't particularly concerned about what the FCC
does or doesn't do or think. There's a procedure for handling foreign
intruders via diplomatic channels. So a bunch of guys with beams at
150 feet and kilowatts to spare saved the FCC and State from that
drudgery and got the job done in 15 minutes.

Was there any enforcement action from FCC?

I'm curious about that too, was there?

The only place I saw anything about it in print was in a subsequent
weekly spots bulletin where a few attaboys got passed around. Not a
peep about it in QST.

73 de Jim, N2EY

w3rv