Old August 8th 03, 07:56 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Vshah101) wrote in message ...
From:
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP)

I have seen old
info stay on several websites. The same thing could have happened on their
webpage.

In otherwords: "I can't provide a reasonable alternative".

I am sure I'm right about the club members hating homebrewing.

I am sure you have convinced yourself of this, however you have
not provided one iota of "evidence" other than your own tainted
opinion, Vipul.

This could be verified by asking people in the photo if they want to do a
homebrewing project. Many of the people in the photo are still in the club.

This could be verified by you identifying the club to us and
allowing third parties to do the asking.

However, I've let my club membership expire. And, tracking down people in the
photo would get very time consuming. Alot of work just to prove a point. Also,
I have other things that I need to do.

YOU said the picture is still on the club webpage. It will take
no more than a few minutes time to read the caption and make a couple
phone calls to either confirm or eliminate your suspicions. The only
thing between you and vindication is knowing the name of the club.

Also, if I invite them on a Hamfest that continues to
Fri, Sat night, then I'll bet they will wonder why the Hams are operating
rather than doing what most people do.

"..what most people do"...?!?!

It's ABOUT Amatuer Radio, Vipul...The event is organized FOR
Amateur Radio operators by Amateurs and OPERATING radios.

Other than Field day, an event does not HAVE do be scheduled during Fri, Sat
night. Most people would do more recreational activities during that time.

Vipul, the average American WORKS Monday through Friday with
Saturday and Sunday off. When would YOU schedule these "activities"?
Most club meetings (lasting 1-3 hours) ARE scheduled during the week,
sometimes with some pro-social activity included.

Its only because Hams are the type of people that would be at a Hamfest or
operate Sat night. My former co-worker, the Ham that introduced me to a
Hamfest, was fairly anti-social too. Also, he made weekly coffee trips to
Starbucks (alot of calories).

Well there you go...we'll blame the whole thing on too much
caffiene and too much calories.

He is now out of the country. He is American, and
he married some Asian girl he met online and he quit his job and moved over
there.

Lucky him.

What does it matter, Vipul? The event was not organized for "the
non-ham observer".

Sometimes they do try to sign up new members there. The anti-social aspect
would put off the person considering the hobby. That's a reason people turn
away.

WHAT "anti-social" aspect, Vipul? YOU call it "anti-social"
because you do not understand it or refuse to participate in it
because they are not doing it the way YOU think it should be
done...YOUR loss.

Most (non-Ham) Americans would expect the Hams would take a break from
operating on Sat night. They would be surprised and disappointed otherwise.

Why? Why should "they" expect Amateurs to stop doing the very
thing the special even was organized to do...?!?!

The event more than fulfilled what it was organized to do when they operated
all day with few breaks. It was not necessary to go all night as well. They
could have taken at least a few hours break to do some vacation activities.

So the other operators who work days and can only get on the
radio in the evenings should of been denied the chance to "work" this
station just because they had a day job? Foreign operators on the
other side of the world should have been denied the chance to make a
contact just becasue of thier location?

That's very bigoted, Vipul. VERY bigoted...AND selfish on YOUR
part. Your whole rant in this forum is based on your perceived
exclusion from certain actitives, yet YOU would do things to excluded
others from being able to participate in Amateur radio.

That's what most (non-Ham) people would do. Even another hobby group would take
a break from that hobby on Sat night and enjoy some of the vacation activities
at a vacation location. Its only Hams that would continue operating Sat night.
They saw other Hams on ATV, but not other people in person. I don't expect that
you would understand that most people would be disappointed with that.

This activity was organized and executed for a certain purpose,
Vippy...Activating that location for whatever program they were
participating it. It was not chosen for it's tourist highlights or to
satisfy "non-Hams" perceptions of what this is all about.

Furthermore, the very characteristics of HF operation generally
dictate better propagation and long-distance communication
opportunities at night.

Other than Amateur Astronomers, I can not think of any other
"hobby group" that does better at night than in the daytime.

THAT is something I don't expect YOU would understand. You don't
have the experience in Amateur Radio, and it's obvious YOU do not
understand propgation characteristics that dictate these needs. No
wonder you're no longer an "EE"...
(choking back laugh of Vippy having ever done ANY electrical
"engineering" work)

Steve, K4YZ