Old August 8th 03, 05:11 PM
N2EY

(Brian Kelly) wrote in message . com...
(N2EY) wrote in message ...

We're not quite above such things.

Yes, we are.

Maybe your "we" but I've run into some other "we's" on CW who are not
as lily-white. The infamous antics in the CW pileups on Don Miller
come to mind for one.

That was 35+ years ago. If you have to go back that far to find a one bad
guy on CW, that's pretty good, I think.

I didn't *have* to go back 35 years, I only went back 35 years because
everybody knows the Don Miller story.

I would bet most hams don't know it. He's outa jail, too. Real nice
fella that one. A doctor, too.

I need to point out here that,
quite contrary to the folklore about the "ethical purity" of the
brass-pounding OFs of yore, that it was those sainted OFs who blitzed
Miller. And they were not refugees from 11M or any of the current crop
of codeless wonders. They *all* hiked uphill both ways thru blizzards,
etc., etc. . . .

What story are we talking about anyway? I'm thinking of how he lied
about where his DXpeditions were. Or maybe where he was convicted of
conspiracy to commit murder (attempted) (IIRC)

As far as the 35 year thing goes I only have to go back to a club
meeting this past June for a current example. A well-known two-lander
who is in the habit of busting CW contest records has a couple CW
stalkers up his butt and described the annoying situation.

"Stalkers"?

I fully agree that the bull**** level in the CW portions of the bands
is much, much lower than it is up the bands.

That's all I'm saying.

Nobody's perfect, and no mode or test or fancy hardware/software will
make everyone behave perfectly 100% of the time.

But that doesn't mean there's no difference.

73 de Jim, N2EY