Old August 9th 03, 11:09 PM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

On 09 Aug 2003 02:36:38 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

Actually, it was the TRC-23 bloody C!

Well, as I said, there wasn't all that much difference between 'em.
Add a Delta Tune knob to 1974's model and call it "New For '75!"
That's how Tandy did it back then.

And I got my time line mixed up, I
worked for Radio Shack from '74 to '75. In '72 I was working in the
Carhart Photo processing lab on Broadway -- remember them?

Uh, no...you have a few years on me, and I was living in NT then.

I know that "SKYKING" used to be a call used by Air Force ground
stations as a general call to aircraft. As in "SKYKING, SKYKING,
This is McClellan, do not answer -- traffic follows" Am I warm?

Plenty warm, see below.

I don't relate to "AFKAI-1." I personally got the "handle" Sky King
from the old TV program by the same name.

AFKAI-1 is a USAF document listing tactical callsigns assigned to
various purposes. Parts of the document are classified so don't expect
to find a copy on the net.

As for SKYKING, it is believed (by long-time HF utility station
monitors) to refer to assets under STRATCOM. The current form of a
"foxtrot" goes something like, "SKYKING, SKYKING, do not answer,
sierra, oscar, lima, authentication bravo sierra, I say again,
SKYKING, SKYKING, do not answer, sierra, oscar, lima, authentication
bravo sierra, time 2027, Andrews out." Three letter message, two
letter authentication, with the timestamp of the transmission
following the second reading of the message.

73 DE John, KC2HMZ