Old August 10th 03, 02:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

[AND GETS ANSWERED IN ALL CAPS SO THAT HE CAN HEAR
EVERYTHING LOUD AND CLEAR]

N2EY wrote:
In article , "Carl R. Stevenson"
writes:

What WILL be the end of ham radio is a lack of significant
growth ...

Let's get it straight - is dropping Element 1 going to give us lots more

growth
or not?

I'm going to interject here, since I'm still on Vacation and can only
get in so many posts for a bit.

NO EXCUSES!

I don't understand a few of the things Carl says here. That we will
dissapear unless we get "significant growth".

What exactly is that? a 100 percent increase in a day? increase at 1
percent over population increase?

IT'S ALL ARCHIVED IN GOOGLE. OLD ARGUMENT IN HERE, THAT REV.
JIMMIE WAS TRYING TO WEASEL OUT OF BY USING THAT TIRED OLD
LUMPING OF TECH-PLUSSES WITH TECHS PLOY.

HAD YOU SEEN THE ARGUMENT AWAYS BACK YOU WOULD HAVE
UNDERSTOOD THAT US AMATEUR RADIO WAS ACTUALLY
SHRINKING WITHOUT THE NO-CODE-TEST TECHNICIANS COMING
ON BOARD.

I'd like to know the advances they will bring.

I WANT TO KNOW THE "ADVANCES" THE PRO-CODERS BROUGHT
IN OVER THE LAST HALF-CENTURY.

I want to hear how those who oppose the ending of the Morse code
requirement are keeping ham radio from marching forward.

THE LIVING MUSEUM OF THE ARCHAIC RADIOTELEGRAPHY
SERVICE IS ALWAYS OPEN, ALWAYS BEEPING. SOME AREN'T
MARCHING, BUT ARE USING WALKERS.

Time for the roadmap to the future to be laid out.

WHO ARE YOU, RAND-MCNALLY? THE USCGS?

Or is this like the last scene in "The Candidate"?

MORE LIKE "THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE."

I find it amusing that even though the PCTA's have lost the war, that
those who brought this to bear cannot avoid smacking us around a little
bit yet. It might be fun, but isn't doing anyone a bit of good.

AWWWW....POOR POOR LITTLE HOCKEYPUCK!

FEEL BEAT UP DO YOU?

TSK, TSK.

Gloat time is over.

NOT BY A LONG SHOT, HOCKEYPUCK.

PRO-CODERS HAVE HAD A HALF CENTURY PLUS OF GLOATING
AND BROW-BEATING THOSE THAT DIDN'T CARE TO USE MORSE
OR DIDN'T SEE THE NEED TO USE IT.

HALF CENTURY.

Your time has come.

Nope. YOURS has. You aligned yourself with the pro-coders on the
barricades. You WILL lose. Try, try to get used to the reality.

You now have the chance to prove that you were right.

That was "proven" a long time ago by every OTHER radio service.

The old Beepers wanted to preserve their youth long, long after
and kept up the pressure for all AMATEURS to test for code.

The IARU finally saw the light of reality for the International
Amateur Radio community. ARRL may never see it. ARRL
seems a law unto itself with all its brainwashing over the years.

And browbeating the losers isn't a very good start.

POOR BABY!

My, the HOLIER-THAN-THOU attitude sounds so "noble!"

You ain't no "loser," hockeypuck. You just picked the wrong
side and try to disguise your whining with that holier-than-thou
hypocritical BS about some imaginary "ethics."

If you are going to restart all that tinnitus whining, you're out of
luck. I have it too and I'm not whining or making excuses.

A half century ago I and hundreds in my outfit were busy doing
primary HF communications trans-Pacific. NO morse code
used for that then, none after, not even after HF communications
went from primary to secondary status in 1978.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Jim!

Back under the bridge, troll...

LHA