Old August 10th 03, 02:42 PM
Jim Hampton

Brian,

I did make a minor mistake. BPL is cut off at 1.8 MHz, thus avoiding the
deep pocket broadcasters. I'm still not sure how well the cheap Chinese
radios will work with BPL being fed right into the power lines.

Then there are HF aeronautical frequencies. I forgot there are HF radio
astronomy listening posts. I wonder how well folks will hear WWV at any HF
frequency. SWLs will love BPL; forget hearing a lot of foreign
broadcasters. This thing is looking very ugly, indeed. BTW, don't blame
the Democrats; it is usually the big-money backed Republicans that will sell
their own mother to make money for someone who lined their pockets. I
noticed that in Japan, they blame the liberal Democrats for running huge
deficits and keeping interest rates at near zero. Sounds like what our
Republicans are doing, doesn't it? Frankly, I don't trust Republicans or
Democrats; both have to serve special interest groups before the common
good.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

Keith,

As soon as you can figure out what BPL is going to do to hi-fidelity

stereo
am broadcast

What will it do to lo-fidelity AM?

This must be the Dem's answer to silencing Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck,
Mike Reagan, Ollie North, Neal Bortz, Gordon Liddy, Mike Savage, Sean
Hannity...

---