Old August 11th 03, 04:02 PM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

It serves to point out Len's total lack of experience in the amateur
service.

Yet he knows more about radio then you.

It hasn't been demonstrated that he knows more about radio "then" me.
There is every possibility that Len knows more about electronics theory
than me. There is a similar possibility that I have much more
operational experience in "radio" or that I have much more knowledge of
wave propagation than Len. There is a certainty that I have forty years
more experience in amateur radio than Len.

How can that be if he has no experience?

What I wrote addressed Len's experience in amateur radio. He has none.

The vast majority of the policy makers
at the FCC aren't licensed in the amateur radio service and have no
experience in amateur radio.

The vast majority of policy makers at the FCC have nothing whatever to
do with amateur radio. Those that are involved in the regulation of the
ARS, are quite knowledgeable about the service.

They fooled me with the last restructuring NOI/NPRM.

They are paid to know.

Wasted money.

Well, after all, you're the expert.

Additionally, there are radio amateurs on the FCC staff.

So every amateur on "staff" makes policy and rules?

Is that what you read?

That has
nothing to do with the issue of Len Anderson. He isn't a participant in
amateur nor is he a regulator of amateur radio. Len is totally
irrelevant to amateur radio.

You are in the minority in thinking that.

And your statement is based on what strong indications?

But I don't hear you complaining about that, yet they have the ability
to change what you do and how you do it.

No, you won't hear me complaining often though there are times when the
Commission makes a decision which I don't like or which is just plain
wrong. Len makes no such decisions and is not involved in amateur
radio.

So why so do you give him so much attention?

A smart fellow would have figured out that laughing at Len isn't exactly
an endorsement of his views.

But when
confronted with mere Technician participation in the ARS that rivals
his Extraness, he digs in and destroys.

That claim is a non-starter as it is in conflict with what I've written
here very recently.

Bully for you.

...and shame on you for making yet another false accusation. That's two
so far in this exchange.

Nothing false there.

Just the ones beginning "But when confronted with mere Technician..."
and "One David Heil demands..." Are you going for three?

Sure. Why not?

Why not? Didn't you tell us that there was nothing false in your
comments?

Then there is Extra DICK. Probably Extra in every way except the dick
department. Then there's Jim "DeSoda" who keeps rewriting "200 Meters
and Up." No need to mention INSANE Clown Posse in a Nurse's dress or
the civilian with "real" military experience.

What's your claim to credibility?

I yam what I yam.

Maybe you'll find a way to do something about it.

I'm satisfied with my accomplishments in the ARS.

That has been evident for some time.

And you are unsatisfied with yours?

Yes indeed, much as I am with my guitar playing. I've been in amateur
radio and have played the guitar for forty years. I learn something new
about both and sharpen my skills in both with every passing year. I am
never satisfied with what I know and what I can do. I do not advocate
striving for mediocrity.

Must you try to tear down Len at every opportunity to boost your stature?

Poking fun at Leonard Anderson has never been done for purposes of
boosting my own stature, nor is it a "must" on my list of things to do.
If I had to list reasons for doing so, I'd likely come up with a list
like:

1) Because Len Anderson does it to others on a continuing basis

2) Because my views are in opposition to those held by Anderson, a
non-radio amateur.

3) Because Len comes across as a pontificating windbag who sees
himself as an expert in all things relating to radio communication.

4) Because it is soooooo easy.

Dave K8MN