Old January 23rd 04, 05:20 PM
Dennis

In article ,
says...

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Steve Nosko wrote:

Where are you? I'm in Illinois and just got one of the clocks. I know

it
helps you not not a bit for me to say mine sync'ed up quickly, but

everybody
says that kinda' stuff (:-)..

Don't think there is anything to buy... Make is the only way.

The instructions for mine say that it only listens at certain times and

can
take a few _DAYS_ to sync up. That seems strange to me...oh well.

Ivan's passive loop is a VERY good idea - easy.

I don't think cinder block walls will matter.

Search for "lowfer". I wanted to actually hear WWVB and do a little

SWLing
for NDBs (300-500KHz) w/ my new IC 706 and did some snooping. A good

loop
takes a little bit of work.

All you will hear is nothing, unless your detector and audio amp goes
down to DC. The modulation rate is one bit per second, by reducing the
carrier level by 10 dB. There is no audio modulation, because the signal
is also a frequency standard. The only way you would hear it would be to
mix a signal to beat against WWVB to produce a heterodyne in the radio's
pass band.

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Take a look at this little cutie! ;-)
http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

I hear it fine with several different receivers provided I use either CW
or SSB. But! I CANNOT hear it on my IC-706; it does not seem to come
alive until somewhere between 200 and 300kHz.

Dave

You, must have some phenomenal hearing......60KHz!!