Old August 16th 03, 11:17 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,
(N2EY) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo

writes:

N2EY wrote:

My point is that I see a close relationship between that ending and the

situation we have here. No real thought has been given to the aftermath
of the ending of the Morse code test.

Some of us have given it real thought, and have posted ideas. But the
mantra has always been that eliminating the code test would solve
everything.

YOU ARE MISTAKEN.

About real thought? posting ideas? the mantra? eliminating the code test
solving everything?

Unless that was YOUR twisted "mantra."

That couldn't be correct, Len. Why would someone who supports continued
morse testing have a mantra about the removal of morse testing solving
everything?

It could be...you equate morse code with amateur radio so strongly
that you can't separate them, even in your imagination.

How would you be in a position to know that?

"Radio" and "electronics" are such wide-ranging subjects that nobody
can be an expert at all of it.

You aren't an "expert" in radio-electronics?

He has answered the same question from you a couple of times.

Gosh, and you "DO electrical engineering." With a Masters degree, too!

Does that irk you?

... And even the most knowledgeable "radio
professionals" can be utterly clueless about the practical aspects of
amateur radio.

HARF!!! :-)

Okay, HARF clueless.

Here are some others I've seen, by various others:

- Institute an age requirement of 14 years as the minimum for any
class of amateur license

Yeah...let's hear it for all those "mature" 6-year-olds on the air
wiith the "big gun contesters."

I really appreciate your confirming what I wrote about your minimum age
requirement just a couple of days ago.

Wow, that 14-year-old arbitrary limit sure must have stung you!

Apparently not nearly as much as the blanket rejection of your idea for
instituting a minimum age requirement.

Blasphemy! Morsemen DESERVE elitism and their own private
spectral playpen!

Horrors! Remove the STATUS-TITLE-RANK-PRIVELEGE?!?!?

Can't have that!

The OLD system - the one in which you triumphed - is ALWAYS
the BEST!!!

Absolutely. Keep your elite morseman status and titles...after all
you are in the Archaic Radiotelegraphy Service!

What you are FOR is to keep your rank-title-status-privilege and you don't want that "contaminated" by large-scale changes.

What good are you that can't give in to new ideas, progressive ideas, that intefere with your standards and practices of the 1930s?

Maybe Schuler will give you a guest preaching shot at the Chrystal
Cathedral. If so, you can introduce your Improbability Thinking to the
world.

Remember, Len, none of this need concern you. You aren't remotely
involved in amateur radio.

Dave K8MN