Old January 24th 04, 01:44 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Ron McConnell wrote:

I have thought about building a loop antenna
like as has been disussed here to see if I could
get at least the deaf travel clock locking.
Tek makes tunable AM Loop antennas where the AM radio
sits next to the loop and they do work
out here in rural New Jersey.
This discussion may yet spur me
to physical wire and solder,
not just typing, action.

Somewhere I did have the URL of web page
where a fellow built a shielded loop
with an amplifier and all. The passive design,
using Reg's program as a start, is simpler.

I have several of the Sam's Club US$23 atomic wall clocks
that lock up just fine, mounted on walls facing
every which way. The outside temperature reading
433MHz receiver seems to be a flaky, marginal design,
but that's a different story.

Cheers, 73

Ron McConnell

I built a Sheilded, amplified loop for my tests, and got a decent
signal a few miles north of Orlando, years before they built the new
towers, and transmitter.

As far as the oudoor thermometer, Some cordless phones on the same
band search for an open frequency, and wipe out the sync between the
sensor and the clock. I need a cordless phone, more than the outdoor
temperature, so I don't worry about it.

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida