Old August 19th 03, 11:00 PM
Brian

(DickCarroll) wrote in message . com...
(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Vshah101) wrote in message ...

Secondly, EEs are not joining amateur radio clubs. Some Profs that teach rf
courses that I took do not have amateur radio licenses. People in the rf field
are not attending club meetings.

Most people who do "x" for a living generally do not do it for a
past time either, Vippy. So what?

From just the small sample called RRAP,

Exhibit 1: David Heil. Claims to have been a Dept. of State
Radioman.

Exhibit 2: Parson Jim. Claims to be an EE.

Exhibit 3: Barrister Phil. Claims to be an Radio attorney.

Exhibit 4: Labman Ed. Claims to be ARRL Lab Manager.

Exhibit 5: 1000' tall Alien Ed. Claims to be an EE.

Exhibit 6: Machine Gun Kelly. Claims to be some kind of an Engineer,
mainly in rubberband technologies.

But, as Heil, Jim, Kelly, and you continually point out, doing it for
a living, i.e., professionally, has absolutely nothing to do with
doing it amateurishly, i.e., without compensation.

Well, that's a few percent of all posters to rrap.

DICK, you're just miffed that I left you and gudbuddy Bruce off.

Exhibit 7: DICK, former SWR adjuster at the Sheriff's office.

Exhibit 8: Bruce, professional electronics repairman. Specialized in
getting p-nut butter sandwiches and vanilla wafers out of the kids
VCR.

Evidently you thught you had a point but discovered you were still wearing
it as headgear.

I've never worn a thught as headgear. Are they comfortable in long
contests? Can you get one with a boom mic?