Old January 24th 04, 10:44 PM
Crazy George

Steve and group:

I tuned my IC706 down there, and apparently the front end filters block
anything that low. My Kenwood R-5000 hears the signal fine with a 100'
random wire. The radio I would really like to try, the RCA AR-88LF, only
goes down to 74 KHz, and I sold the old RAK? RAL? Navy monster which covers
that range, so I have to believe the R-5000 on this one. The signal is a
little weak mid-day, but strong the remainder of the time.

I bought one of the cheap "atomic" wris****ches last month, and have been
experimenting with orientation for sync. It has an indicator which shows if
it has locked up in the last 24 hours, and the manual says it tries at 3 AM
in whatever time zone it is set to. The wall clocks also have a lock
indicator, and their manual says they try several times in the wee hours if
the first try doesn't result in synchronization. But BEWARE, I have now
observed two different instances, once each with two different clocks, that
while indicating that resynchronization had occurred the previous evening,
the clock indicated the time which was exactly 1 minute off, apparently due
to a thunderstorm during the night.

The orientation where the wris****ch synchronizes reliably is face down,
BTW.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address