Old January 25th 04, 03:03 AM
Cecil Moore

Donnie B wrote:
Also,I have been thinking about long-wire antennas.Every long-wire I've
seen has been in an East-to-West direction.How would it work if I divide
the wire lengths and transform a long-wire into multiple directions? I
realize most foreign lands are to the East and West,but what about the
North and South coverage?

An unbalanced long-wire antenna that is longer than about 3/4WL doesn't
have much broadside radiation. Unless one understands what one is doing,
radiation patterns for long-wires are pretty much hit or miss.

BTW, radio waves follow great circles, not lines of longitude. From
Texas, a radio wave travels over Lake Erie and Newfoundland on its
way to England.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp