Old August 24th 03, 02:10 AM
Phil Kane

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:17:26 GMT, Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

Have you noticed that the Chairman is a black man?

As was his predecessor (Bill Kennard).

Did you know that there's a female Commissioner?
(And that she's not the first?)

The first (Frieda Hennock) served about 45 years ago, IIRC. Since
that time, it was rare that one of the Commissioners wasn't a woman.

In fact, I deal on a regular basis, professionally, with many, many
"minorities" and women who hold high positions in the FCC.

And I worked for and greatly respected several of the same..... and
my "deputy" throughout all the years was a first-generation "minority",
(sorry, Nancy, God made him male) and one of the sharpest FCC engineers
is a Vietnamese refuge who at age 11 escaped being sunk by pirates when
his family fled Vietnam for America.

So much for generalities.

How do you propose to reconcile all of this against your statement
above, Nancy???

Yup.....

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane