Old January 25th 04, 07:19 AM
CW

It's a bit different in the US. Amateur emergency work is well coordinated
with the authorities and is appreciated by them.
"Ian" wrote in message
Hello,

Oh yes, pull the other one. If anyone wants to send me a new shack I'll
promise to send a post card. Emergency work should be left to

professionals
paid to do the job. They can quite often do without people getting under
their feet and in the way! There is an amateur/CB group in the UK that
causes a bit of annoyance like that, people must just like dressing up as
pretend police men. The public take absolutely no notice, and
amateurs/CBers don't either.

"N2ION" wrote in message
Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club (LIMARC), is looking for DONATIONS

of
"Ham" gear, like triband beams, rigs, and towers, to be used for our

Emergency
Communication Stations, and Field Day.

If you have any old equipment that you're not using anymore, and would

like to
donate it to our cause, we will make sure that you get a nice letter,

being
that we have 503 c(3) status with the I.R.S. ,for a tax deduction, from

our
club.
We really need your help, so please try to assist us in any way that you

can.

Thanks in advance