Old August 26th 03, 01:01 PM
charlesb

"Vshah101" wrote in message
From Charles, N5PVL
Usenet is too public for airing out our dirty underwear. This

repetitious
code / no code stuff should be moved out of the public eye.

I doubt that many non radio amateurs are aware of anything in "ham" radio,

much
less the code/no-code discussions.

Yes, and that is precisely why our few windows of visibility here on the
Internet are so very important. Very few non-hams listen to us on the air,
but millions can potentially see what we do on the Internet.

How ham behave off the air, in public and online largely determine how we
are viewed by the general public. Eventually, our public behavior and
reputation has its affect on what happens in congress and at the FCC.

Discussions like what are seen in this newsgroup should not really be
occuring in a newsgroup at all. - They should be moved on to a mailing list.
That would in no way limit the discussion or the enjoyment of its
participants, but would take it out of the public eye.

There is no advantage to airing our dirty linen this way, particularly when
it is not necessary. This discussion was moved once before, and should be
moved again for the same reason. It is ugly and obnoxious, reflecting poorly
upon the hobby.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL