Old August 27th 03, 12:32 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Dan Finn"
writes:

Len, this is bullcrap, and, it is boring.

Heh, I thought you'd say something like that. :-)

You have no idea to what the math really means.

Yes I do and so did my instructor over 30 years ago. Did a verbatim
oral on the whiteboard to prove the transformation from the simple AM
signal equation to the one that had the three terms for Carrier, Lower
and Upper Sideband components.

Not only that, but the next task on that oral exam was to show how
mixing the AM signal in two parallel paths with quadrature-phased
RF sources would allow selective demodulation of the sidebands.

Sorry, but I will not continue to give you a forum just so
that you can 'baffle 'em with bull****'.

It's not "bull****." Just a bit of algebra which can translate to radio
hardware values.

That's what you are doing. I doubt
that you even have a BSEE, otherwise you would not have to cite the author
when explaining what is common electrical engineering text book material
(that you have misinterpreted).

It is normal practice among ALL technical people to reference sources.
That includes PhDs, Nobel Laureates, Masters, and Bachelors.

Nothing was "misinterpreted," Finn. Nothing at all.

The only difference between what I wrote and the original work is the
inability of the Internet medium to allow Greek symbols and, especially,
subscripts and superscripts.

I can carry this a LOT farther just by spending some more typing time.

Harmonic content due to distortion in a not-quite-linear amplifier is one
huge area. That can be combined with the basic AM equation to show
how and how much harmonic content is generated. Did that in the early
1970s for RCA Corporation as part of the special FCC license
documentation required for 1.6 GHz SECANT avionics transmission
(a corporate R&D program).

I COULD do all that typing, but it would be to little avail. You would
simply say "it's a lot of bull****" and dismiss it without mentioning a
single bit of the mathematical explanation. You would probably continue
to do the gratuitous personal denigration...again without considering the
subject matter or anything under real discussion.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear your erudite explantaion that was
something about "phase changing will cancel all distortion." :-)

LHA