Old August 27th 03, 06:51 PM
Hans Kohb

"charlesb" wrote in message

The fact that you can point out bad behavior done in the past does nothing
to justify further bad behavior today or tomorrow. Instead, it points out
the need to do better, to set our sights on where we really want to be.

Charles and I have found many reasons to disagree in the past, but on
this matter we are 100% in agreement.

Here on rrap the pro-coders, no-coders, slow-coders, and limp coders
rail on and on about a subject long since put to bed by the regulators,
and the whole meaningless fight takes on a surreal similarity to the
fights between sailboaters and motorboaters, arguing which is more
technically advanced, which can get through when conditions are bad,
which is modern vs. invented in the olden days, etc., etc., etc.

Meanwhile, on the shore a group of commercial developers is plotting to
buy the lake, drain it, and build a strip mall.

Rather than band together to save our hobby, we seem hell-bent on
finding inconsequential and OTBE things to fight about, splintering and
diluting whatever influence we have on regulators and the general
public.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Without spectrum, there is no amateur radio.