Old August 29th 03, 12:28 AM
K0HB

Mike Coslo wrote

Your point seems to be that we are discussing trivial matters, while
the important things go ignored.

If that isn't your point, then clue me in.

My point has nothing to do with "discussing". My point has to do with
our seemingly suicidal desire to fracture our image and marginalize
our credibility.

My point is that the Amateur Radio Service exists at the pleasure of
public opinion and regulators who are increasingly disconnected from
our hobby.

Against that background, rather than band together to save our hobby
we seem hell-bent on finding inconsequential and OTBE things to fight
about, splintering and diluting whatever influence we have on
regulators and the general public.

Morse Code testing is a dead issue, but here in this public forum we
continue to poke and prod at it's carcass like a pack of squabbling
hyenas with the same old rhetoric which started here over a decade
ago.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think that's essentially the same notion
offered in the message from N5PVL which opened this thread.

73, de Hans, K0HB