Old August 29th 03, 06:22 AM
Phil Kane

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:54:10 GMT, Steve Stone wrote:

A recent New York State Math Regents exam results were tossed out
because so few students were able to pass the test. Passing the test
is required for High School graduation. During pre exam trials of the
questions it was found that only 47 percent of those who took the exam
could pass the test.

I am a survivor of the New York State Regents' Exams 50+ years ago.
It was a joke, because the last semester of each subject was
devoted to reviewing past Regents' exams and therefore we learned
zippo new during that time except how to pass the exam. And this was
in a high school for nerds.....

So what does this have to do with CW testing ? Absolutely nothing
except for stupidity.

Or lousy teaching. I suspect the latter. Kids aren't all born
dumb - most get that way because they're not taught otherwise.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane