Old August 30th 03, 07:04 AM
mezmerized cows

"Real Ham" wrote in message ...
In article , Disgusted wrote:

I bailed out of the ARRL 14 years ago when it started to become clear

that the
Leagues agenda was tending more toward a policy of supporting lower

licensing
stardards (CB'er Ham). A pool of trained, capable radio operators

means
something to me and I could no longer stand to be a part of an

organization
that was moving to disregard that section of Part 97.

It was a life membership too.

Ham radio started going into the toilet shortly
after Dick Bash published his infamous "study
guides". Later after the ARRL went crying to the
FCC to publish the question pools (to put Dick Bash
out of business because *his books* were out-selling
the ARRL study guides 10 to 1 at hamfests and mail
order) it sealed the "initial cycle of dumbing down" for
Amateur Radio - and we are now where we are today
as a DIRECT result of the same.

All because *one ham* in Alaska managed to singlehandedly
'step on the proverbial toes of a publishing company' in Newington
Conn. and in their response, they decided to not only throw out
the baby with the bathwater, but also rip the tub out of the wall
and toss it out the 2nd story window...

These are the true facts of the matter.