Old August 31st 03, 02:00 AM
Jim Hampton

Hmm ... this makes twice now for me. Once VE7DGL had to get hold of me and
used Echo Link - and my HT fired up and I got the needed "heads up". Today,
I needed to get hold of Hatton, NI5Y, and he wasn't on the internet. Well,
I linked to his machine and he answered via his HT. It does work. There
were radios on one end in both instances.

Or is DXCC the only thing that counts? I have little use for those folks.
I'm sure some are decent, but the one time I wanted to run a phone patch
from the US Naval Hospital on Guam and the DX boys thought phone patches
shouldn't be allowed on their day ... well ... as I said, I've little use
for 'em.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

"Krusty" No wrote in message
If you hear things on Echolink you dislike, get over it, ignore it, and

move
on. Echolink is not "real" Amateur radio anyway...it is merely a

glorified,
huge chat room for those with Amateur radio licenses.
REAL Amateur radio is accomplished by using radios and antennas, not
computers and phone lines.

Oh...so Echo Link is like playing a airplane video game and thinking your

'real' pilot? Makes sense to me.

Dan/W4NTI

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (