Old August 31st 03, 02:19 PM
N2EY

In article , "mezmerized cows"
writes:

Ham radio started going into the toilet shortly
after Dick Bash published his infamous "study
guides".

And FCC declined to go after him for what was clearly an illegal activity.

Later after the ARRL went crying to the
FCC to publish the question pools

When did that happen? Reference please. Publishing the question pools became
necessary to create the VEC system.

(to put Dick Bash
out of business because *his books* were out-selling
the ARRL study guides 10 to 1 at hamfests and mail
order) it sealed the "initial cycle of dumbing down" for
Amateur Radio - and we are now where we are today
as a DIRECT result of the same.

When did that happen? Reference please.

All because *one ham* in Alaska managed to singlehandedly
'step on the proverbial toes of a publishing company' in Newington
Conn. and in their response, they decided to not only throw out
the baby with the bathwater, but also rip the tub out of the wall
and toss it out the 2nd story window...

Alaska?

What was this ham's call?

These are the true facts of the matter.