Old September 1st 03, 04:16 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Mike,

I do believe it does serve some purpose...... I have a friend that goes to
Arizona every winter due to him and his wife's health issues and he does not
have much there to use for equipment. He and I chat via Echolink on a
regular basis on the link point connected where he is at. I also have
developed some friendships with the people that frequent that access point
(simplex access point, not a repeater one) as well. He is a 30+ year Extra
class licensee so he CAN operate just about anywhere but only has 2m/70cm
access when he goes there.

In this case it is a very productive use of the system. In this particular
circumstance we would never be able to communicate if it wasn't for the
system. Other than a little experimentation with it at first, I have not
used it for much more than to communicate with him though.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

- Mike KB3EIA -