Old September 2nd 03, 11:11 AM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

N2EY wrote:
In article , "Carl R. Stevenson"
writes:

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message

As you may know, FISTS has many times the membership numbers of NCI.

How many *US* licensees are members of FISTS, Dick?

Lots and lots.

How many *US* licensees are members of NCI, Carl?

btw, the FISTS member list is online.

I've given it a read. It sounds pretty good, I agree with it for the
most part, and it is doomed. Won't happen. Not in a million years.

It's not the way we are heading.

Maybe it will make a difference, maybe it won't. But no matter what happens,
there will have been a proposal and a lot of commentary opposing the dropping
of all code tests.

How do you justify a trained group of communicators that are versed in
a mode that is as useful and needed as CW is? There isn't an emergency
right now.

It's not the way we are heading.

True - the "fashion" for the past 25+ years has been to reduce the license test
requirements - code *and* written.

Perhaps some day they will see the value, just like all the people who
build houses in flood plains - Hey, those areas are dry 99.5 percent of
the time!

Let it never be said that there was no opposition.

73 de Jim, N2EY