Old September 3rd 03, 03:06 AM
Brian

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

some snippage

We present more rational, compelling arguments, of course.

Carl, with all due respect, "rational and compelling arguments" are in
the head of the beholder.

Then the words "rational" and "irrational" have no meaning.

1. Everyone here thinks they are being rational, unless they are being
purposefully non-rational. (say Bruce for example, who is having fun
baiting people - and even in his case, take note that when he is
starting to be serious his spelling and grammar become correct)

Bruce is an stupendous and amazing man.

2. You really aren't that far from the truth.

Oh, geez.

3. Insane people are exempt from all this. But there really aren't that
many insane people.

Not even Hinkley?

My rationale is that what is or isn't rational is based on the starting
assumption or world view.

Always is.

If your basic assumption is that things should be simplified or to be
made easier, then you would agree with a proposal such as the NCI
proposal before the FCC. It is rational and compelling from that viewpoint.

My basic assumption is there are some things the government should be
doing and there are some things that the government shouldn't be
doing.

We could start with the Constitution of the United States and its
Articles, and try to find the rationale for a welfare state.

Brian