Old September 2nd 03, 04:16 PM
JJ

Larry Roll K3LT wrote:

Mike:

You and your NPTI are just like all the other NPPTA (No Parallel Parking
Test Agenda) whiners. You just want to dumb-down the driving test so
that any dummy who is fed up with riding his bicycle can just knock off
a simple, multiple-guess written test, then get into a Buick and hit the
road just like us Real Drivers(tm).

I think that not only should Parallel Parking be a requirement on the road
test for a driver's license, but Parallel Parking Proficiency should be
demonstrated at a rate of at least 12 Parallel Parkings per hour (pph).
After all, if you cannot Parallel Park time after time, in a variety of driving
conditions, then you cannot expect to be able to operate a motor vehicle
successfully in the typical urban driving environment.

I hold a Class B Commercial Driver's License, and to pass my road test,
I had to parallel park a 30-foot long bus. I passed my test on the first
attempt, with a perfect score. Any driver who can't park at least as well
as I can is nothing more than a lazy, unmotivated, dumbed-down whiner
who wants the world handed over to him or her on a silver platter, since
all they have to do is parallel park a Dodge Neon or something similar.
Of course, now that Toyota has eliminated the need for most drivers to
parallel park, they'll probably be sending PRM's to the DOT and, with
enough whining, will get the Parallel Parking test reduced or eliminated
in the next "restructuring" of the driver's test.

I'm going to start a new organisation called PHISTS -- Parking Has
Important Status To Safety. We will encourage the use of Parallel
Parking by sponsoring awards programs for drivers who participate in
local parallel parking demonstration events. Attending 100 such events
will earn you your PHISTS Century Award. Other awards programs
will be announced in the future.

As far as I'm concerned, you NPTI/NPPTA whiners can go fly a kite.
You will never achieve the status of us Parallel Parking Tested drivers.
We're better than you, and we can prove it! You couldn't park a Prius
on a football field!

73 de Larry, CDL-B

Good one, hang in there Larry.