Old September 4th 03, 07:59 AM
Dwight Stewart

"N2EY" wrote:

Which is why I haven't had cable since 1979,
and why the sole TV here spends a lot of
time off. That's the main weapon of the
marketplace.

We had one significant advantage in that area - we lived overseas for many
years without much English-language television available. Because of that,
we've never developed much of an addiction to television. We have two in the
apartment right now (not ours - they came with the place). Neither of those
have been on for more than an hour today, and most of that time was the
weather channel (a show about a hurricane hitting Texas years ago) while I
was putting a new chair together. Right now, the place is blissfully quiet.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/