Old September 6th 03, 08:33 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"Hans Kohb" wrote in message news:9c4988e16225e423b3bfddae4537c98f.128005@myga te.mailgate.org...
"charlesb" wrote

...... so many of the new no-code techs showed a
generalized disrespect for the PART97 regs
and the traditions of amateur radio.

Pure unadulterated bull****, old biker! Try a different lure when you
troll, because nobody is gonna bite on this one!

Sans the profanity, I agree with your assessment on this part of
Charles' comments, Hans, but he's quite correct in another...We went
to all this trouble...For what?

I also agree with his assertion that we need a better quality
Amateur Radio...Not necessarilly more numbers.

The "more numbers" aspect certainly seems to support (and I once
agreed with) the concept that "there's strength in numbers". But
since these licensees ar non-contributing anyway, of what use is it to
"recruit" people who won't stick it out and be of some use?

I certainly take every opportunity to "show off" Amateur Radio to
anyone who's interested, however not everyone wouild make a "good
Ham".

Granted, not everyone is going to be a Maxim, Clark or DeMaw, but
then they don't have to be.

It's worth a thought.

73

Steve, K4YZ