Old January 27th 04, 04:28 AM
Cecil Moore

Zoran Brlecic wrote:
Care to share? Not that I'm against carrying concealed and blasting the
criminals away, mind you. It's just that these type of claims have
regularly fallen under the urban legend category, i.e. fantasy.

I threw it away after reading. As I remember, crime in the US is
down 35% while crime in the UK is up 35%. Canada and Australia
were also mentioned as having increasing crime rates along with
their increasingly restrictive gun laws.

Even in the US, the highest crime rates are the states that have
the strictest gun laws. If you were a criminal, would you rather
break into a house in New York City or Dallas?

While I was living near Phoenix, "The Phoenix Sun" reported that
an attempted robbery using a knife at a local Circle-K was foiled
by an ordinary customer who was carrying a concealed weapon. "First
Freedom" magazine carries about ten similar reports per month where
the good guys' guns foil the bad guy's violent crimes. But apparently
that is not newsworthy enough for the liberal newspapers.

On another note, the local Madisonville Meteor carried the following
story. "C.G. was arrested for not driving without a license." :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp