Old September 9th 03, 05:13 AM
Vshah101

Anonymous poster. No-one accuses this person of being a coward even after
expressing strong biased opinion.

Welcome each and every new ham into the hobby with open arms --
after all, he's a brother (or she's a sister) who has taken the time
to study for and pass the written test, even if he doesn't have the
code.

Ah god...been there and done that. These were guys that were 25
year veterans of cb. They are smart asses...I tried to elmer
hem...they wouldnt listen.

Poster provides a reason, not to elmer CBers.

They get on the area 2 meter repeaters
and use their cb handles and 10 codes.

Language dielect differences. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with using
10-4 codes on voice modes, except that its using unnecessary codewords.

Most of them are extra class
to make matters worse.

So, they passed the code test. I thought anyone that passed the code test is
more respectful, better operators, and more skilled technically. Now you are
saying this is not true?

They have run all the older hams off the 2
meter band here in wv and east ky.

If all the older hams left, then only the younger ones remained?

But yes like a fool I welcomed
them into my home. Went to the classes and talked about ham radio
to them. But they are still just hardcore cbers. Its not like this
everywhere in the country but there is enough of this scattered
through the country to give most of us a sign of things to come.

Ham radio is a technical hobby, NOT a culture. You seem to forget that.
Otherwise you would not be referring to licenced amateurs as hardcore cbers.

No
ham radio will not die or come to an end because of these
types...but this is really what the code-nocode fuss is about.

Its about cbers. Really?

There's
thousands of us that have got a taste of these fools and dont want
any more of them. I dont want to be in the extra portion of any band
and hear 10-4. I dont want some idiot that just came off cb tuning
on top of me and whistling into his mic...but its happening and has
been for the last 2 years since the code was dropped to 5wpm.

I don't want to hear dots and dashes. I'd much rather hear conversation.

Now you can scream about elmering and
all that...but like i said i tried...and these fools are unelmerable.

Speak normal language like most people. Its not "elmering", its teaching.

And how are you going to attract people with technical interests to the hobby?
The people with EE degrees will realize, by your comparison to cbers, that hams
like code and dislike technically inclined people. And one with an EE degree is
likely to be insulted by what you are saying, and not want to join the hobby.

When they looked at my full wave loop they laughed and said their
cb antennas would work better. One looked at my 2 element 5
band quad at 65 feet and said his moonraker was a better antenna.

I doubt that. You probably made that up. Also, you probably made up the story
about how people tuning on top of you increased after the code speed was
dropped.

Soon
we'll all have to pay the price for most of you wanting to do away
with the code.

No faith in the individual. What are you, a communist?

Thats it in a nutshell.

From a nut.