Old September 10th 03, 12:43 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
Mike Coslo wrote in message

Erich Voobner wrote:

Per qrz.com, N2EY d.o.b. April 24, 1954
N2EY, another in a long line of Bull****ters, who
"personally" experienced ham radio in the1950s.
One thing that has never changed in ham radio, the
hobby has no shortage of bull****ters and wannabes.

So he had to be a ham at that time to know what hams were using?
An interest in history could fit the bill here. He's only a couple
months older than me, and I also knew a lot of what he posted. And I
wasn't a Ham until 1999.

I *was* all over the bands in the early/mid '50s and I'm here to tell
all you newbies what this "Golden Age" BS was actually like in
comparison to the ham radio we have today in one quick broad-brush
capsulization: If I had turn the clock back and "do" ham radio like we
had in those days my ticket would have landed in the dumpster three
decades ago.

'Twas the Medieval Age of radio, a one notch improvement beyond the
Dark Age of radio.

- Mike KB3EIA -

w3rv

Heh heh...my grampaw used to be one of those folks who lived in
yesteryears--all rosey and wonderful. Yep, life sure was a lot better back
then, no highways, no good medical knowledge, etc. And, just as you Brian,
I'm sure there's many who feel just like you do. I feel that way just
thinking about it

Kim W5TIT