Old September 11th 03, 09:55 PM
N2EY

(Brian) wrote in message om...
(N2EY) wrote in message ...
In article . net, "Dan/W4NTI"
w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

But, I'll bet, if you think about it.....it made you a better operator. It
was a SKILL you HAD TO LEARN in order to StAY ON THE AIR? Think about it.

'zactly. No other option. The Novice was not supposed to be a permanent
license. That's why it had so few privileges and was so focused,

And the old Novice had another feature - it was a one-time one year license
until 1967, when it became two years.

Had to.

Had to what?

You waited 6 months for your license and you couldn't operate
til it arrived.

Six weeks, not six months.

In the time between passing the test and getting the license, I built
my first transmitter and power supply from junk parts and bought a
crystal for it. Hooked up the TR switch and got everything ready.
Already had the receiver and antenna. When the license arrived I was
ready to go.