Old January 27th 04, 09:14 AM
Dave Richardson

Default Top Loading Butternut HF2V for 160m

Hi thanks for reading.
I'm trying to maximise the DX capabilities of my new HF2V/160S on top band.
Butternut recommend top loading wires, mainly for increasing the bandwidth
but some say this reduces the effective height, leading to detrimental
effects as a DX antenna?
Also, mine sways around like a whip in the wind so I'd imagine the loading
wires would have to be very slack?
I dont particularly need extra bandwidth so am unsure whether to go to the
bother?

Do you have any experience of top loading this or similar LF antennas?
Thanks in advance for any tips. 73 Dave G4GED