Old September 13th 03, 02:02 PM
Brian

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message nk.net...
"Brian" wrote in message
m...
(N2EY) wrote in message

In article . net,

"Dan/W4NTI"
w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

But, I'll bet, if you think about it.....it made you a better operator.

It
was a SKILL you HAD TO LEARN in order to StAY ON THE AIR? Think

about it.

'zactly. No other option. The Novice was not supposed to be a permanent
license. That's why it had so few privileges and was so focused,

And the old Novice had another feature - it was a one-time one year

license
until 1967, when it became two years.

Had to. You waited 6 months for your license and you couldn't operate
til it arrived.

You are so full of mis-information Brian, have you considered a lobotomy to
remove the tumor?

The wait from taking the test until it came in the mail was 6 to 8 weeks.
That was the 'official' time the FCC gave you when that question was asked.

It sometimes made it in 4. It took mine 6 1/2 weeks.

Dan/W4NTI

Sorry, meant weeks. Mine came in 8 or 9 (weeks). I think the VE
might have held on to it until the Novice class ended. I graduated
ahead of the class.