Old September 14th 03, 03:51 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Dick Carroll
writes:

My mileage does not vary in the least, Hans. And this is a large part of what
separates the.........

Oh well, probably enough has already been written on the subject.

Dick:

Then allow me to say it. It separates the Real Hams from the unmotivated,
disinterested 2-meter FM jockeys who wouldn't know a challenging and
satisfactory radio operating experience if it landed on their big toe.

BTW, I think the last time I turned on my linear amp was when I worked that
etherial signal from the other side of the planet, VK0IR, on a near-dead 20
meter CW band. Their response to my 100 watt calls was "didi dum dum didi",
and "QRZ?"

Running 1400 watts out, the recognition was immediate.

Dick

I'll bet. It would have been interesting to see if 250 watts would have
made the trip.

73 de Larry, K3LT