Old July 28th 03, 09:49 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alan P. Biddle" wrote in message
I have this whimsical picture in my mind of Bob and Bing doing the
patty cake routine on St. Peter, and then soft shoeing through the
Pearly Gates.

Thanks for the memories!

Alan

I saw Bob and company at Tan Son Nhut Airbase, Republic of Vietnam back in
the 60s. I didn't get close because I was on duty. But was near enough to
hear the roars of joy. What a site. Thousands of GIs wearing everything
from class A uniforms to dirty combat boots standing and cheering this
American HERO.

This morning I shed a tear. Goodby Bob....yes indeed...thanks for the
memories (the only good ones I have of that time).

Dan/W4NTI