Old September 14th 03, 11:47 PM
Bill Sohl

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote in message
news
"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in
:

I heard from the latest audio news that more nations
around the world are dropping thier morse code
testing requirements.

makes you wonder if the VEC's who petitioned
to return a higher code speed test for extra class
hams are just doing so to fight the tide.
Clint
KB5ZHT

The ARRL has a destructive agenda. If they cared about amateur radio as
much as for the amount of money their bank account, they would have said
something at the last world conference. It's all lip service and lies to
try and get hams like me to hold our piece and hope we don't feel like
we're being lied to again.

Lied to about what?
As to the last "world conference" (presumably meaning WRC2003),
you should know the ARRL had NO voice in the conference as
they could only be there as an observer. The conference was
a representation of individual country's regulatory
administrations.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK