Old September 15th 03, 04:26 AM
Jerry

Default Keep the cellphone charged

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Dick Carroll wrote:
The weather channel just put this out as Number 1 on the list of
things
to do in preparation for the hurricane that's projected to make landfall

on the east coast next week. :-))

OHMYGAWD!

I suppose it will give people something to do!

Heehee! Now THAT'S funny. As an inland resident of
NC, I can expect to be asked to deploy for volunteer duty *somewhere*.
Having seen the effects of hurricanes
and actually being in one (Hugo), I take preparations seriously. Ham radio
and CAP communications will likely be put to the test. Even if cell towers
survive (unlikely during the brunt of a storm), the traffic load could be
awful.

Jerry

"Can you hear me now?"

- Mike KB3EIA -