Old September 15th 03, 05:15 AM
Bill Sohl

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
et...
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:28:56 -0400, Jerry wrote:

I like THIS one. AW, poor cop, no donut. LOL!!!

That's what happens when you put radio-based enforcement in the
hands of unclued-in officers. It should have never gotten past the
initial field stop.

It doesn't say much about the inteligence level of the prosecutor's
office either.

Of course, if the amateur op doesn't have his license with him, the
officer has reasonable cause to believe that the pre-emption does
not cover him even though it still does,

But surly such an oversight would have been "cleared up" before
any actual trial.

and if the rig has been
modified so that it is capable of TRANSMITTING on the police
frequency, the pre-emption is not valid even if the operator is a
licensed amateur (per the FCC Public Notice on this matter many
years ago).

I didn't see that as the case with the federal preemption as I read it.
What happens now that most radios will need to be modified to
operate on the 5MHz band?

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK