Old September 15th 03, 07:18 AM
N2EY

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message

The youngsters today still tell me that they must learn to use a pencil

and
learn to write script. Typing and word processing are taught AFTER they
have learned to write manually. Enough said.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

yes, if we were talking about a degree in literature from a school or
college,
which we are not.

Clint
KB5ZHT

This is elementary school, middle school, and high school. Perhaps I should
have used the word cursive instead of script as you seem to have totally
misinterpreted my statement to mean something else.

Students must learn printing and writing in cursive before they are taught
typing and word processing.

Yep. And they must learn to do basic arithmetic *by hand* even though
calculators and computers are inexpensive and widely available.

73 de Jim, N2EY