Old September 15th 03, 11:09 PM
Clint

Here on the texas gulf coast we've had several
tropical storms over the last couple of years....
while the storms weren't that destructive
(thank God), in each case there was a loss of power.
My cell phone was the only thing that wound up
working (I was suprised the towers didn't lose power).

My mistake was not getting a seperate 12v power source
for my transcievers, though, but by the next hurricane
season I should have the problem rectified.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Top nations that fund UN treasury,
in descending order...

United States: 22%
Japan: 19.6%
Germany: 9.8%
France: 6.5%
UK: 5.6%
Italy 5.1%
Canada: 2.6%
Spain: 2.5%

Russia isn't even in this top 8 list.
France, Russia and Germany, COMBINED,
do not contribute as much to the UN as
does the United States......

--

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message
The weather channel just put this out as Number 1 on the list of
things
to do in preparation for the hurricane that's projected to make landfall

on the east coast next week. :-))