Old January 27th 04, 08:15 PM
Roger Halstead

On 26 Jan 2004 09:11:06 -0600, (R. Torsten
Clay) wrote:

Richard,
I would think that would depend on what you can find
available,
PVC, plexiglas, 'Delrin', who knows what else. I've used a
multi-
layer thingy of plexiglas glued together before, seemed to work
okay. So the question is 'what can you find?'.
'Doc

I use the plastic from kitchen cutting boards for such parts. Strong and
easily available.

I've been using 1/4 inch thick Plexiglass and Lexan scraps from the
local hard ware store. Generally they will give away the Plexiglass
pieces that are big enough to use for center supports and insulators.
(3 X 6 inches) YMMV With the price of Lexan the pieces are pretty
small before they give those away. I bought a piece about 3 feet long
and a foot wide with the protective paper on both sides. That stuff
is expensive, but very handy and it doesn't age like Plexiglass out in
the sun.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Torsten