Old September 19th 03, 03:36 AM
Len Over 21

Default Rev.Jim the troller (was Bootlegging in 1948?)

In article ,
(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY)
writes:

In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

sending and receiving CW isn't a building block
to anything else.....

Yes, it is.

First, it's a building block to the use of the mode on the air.

Although
other
services have pretty much stopped using Morse Code, hams use it

extensivley,
and an amateur license is permission to operate an amateur station, not

station in another service.

Roger that, Reverend Jim...

Who is "Reverend Jim", Len? You and Brian Burke keep using that name
to address someone.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...you've never seen "Taxi" then... :-)

I've seen most episodes of Taxi. My name's not Ignatowksi.

We've all seen your prodigious output here in the Newsgroup.

Your surname is Miccolis but you are a dead-ringer for the Rev. Jim
character, totally stoked on morsemanship...spaced out as to any
other radio communications mode.

It can't be me, because I graduated from electrical engineering
school, not divinity school. And my name isn't Ignatowski ;-)

What engineering school did you graduate from, Len?

One right here in Southern California...

One without a name...:-

It's easy enough for a BSEE to find out. Not that many out here.

On the other hand, it is difficult to figure out WHERE YOU WORK,
in terms of an actual company name.

You rationalize on "not revealing it" for some kind of "fear" of getting
"bad mail" from others.

I think your REAL fear is just in everyone discovering you don't do a
damn thing in radio for a living.

No problem for me. I've revealed most of my employers in here, plus a
number of personal references who are long-time licensed radio amateurs.

You won't do that.

All you seem to want is some kind of "rep" in the newsgroup for being here
almost all of your free time, writing terribly long, boring peans to
yourself
and morsemanship...when not using the newsgroup as some kind of "chat
room" in talking about absolutely non-radio-amateur subjects.

IN the Archaic Radiotelegraphy Service...

No such thing exists.

Yes it do, de facto, just not de jure. :-)

DeJur made projectors. You're projecting ;-)

I'm telling it like it is. "Archaic RadioTELEGRAPHY Service."

That's what you want.

That gives you some rank-status-privilege as an AMATEUR because
your aren't IN radio as a professional.

I've been "in" the Amateur Radio Service for almost 36 years. You have
not done so for even one day.

That's nice, Len. On what amateur band did you bootleg with it?

Hmm?

Or was
it a broadcast band device so you could pretend you were on "Ted
Mack's Amateur Hour"? ;-)

I've never bootlegged on anything after 1948.

Ah - but that means you may have bootlegged in 1948 and before!

YOU don't really KNOW if I "bootlegged" at all, do you?

All you want to do is to selectively use my messages as an ignition
point for a Flame War.

YOU didn't exist in 1948. That was 55 years ago.

You have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I did back then or even 56 years
ago, but you are trolling, trolling, looking for a Flame Fest to start.

So, great big expert radio ham, tell US your "personal experiences" with
small output personal wireless AM broadcast band links of the pre-1950
period.

Come clean and tell the group all about it. It will be good for your
soul to admit your checkered past.

Go stick a whouff-hong someplace, pervert.

It will satisfy your sex life.

It's more than you had done in RADIO at that age.

And mine was legal. No bootlegging.

YOU didn't exist in 1947...or 1948.

By February 1953 I was already (at 20 years of age) a soldier serving
overseas, assigned to an Army radio station with the callsign ADA.
I was with ADA for three years.

You've never served in the armed forces of the United States, much less
"assigned overseas."

You've made fun of my military service in the past. [that's in Google, by
the way, you seem to live part of your time there...]

You want to be honored a respected for being safely within in the USA
borders, never serving. You want to make fun of those veterans who
who don't love your blessed sacrament, morsemanship.

By 1967 I'd already DESIGNED and mostly built (technician help was
not always available) several UHF to microwave RF emitters of more
that 10 Watts.

Well, give Len a Nobel Prize for accomplishment in physics!

In 1967 you were almost three times 14 years old.

Wow, for an ALLEGED MSEE, you've got BAD arithmetic skills.

Three times fourteen is forty-two. 1967 - 42 = 1925.

I was born in 1932.

In early 1967 I was 34 years old, my Honorable Discharge was
7 years in the past.

And it was your JOB, wasn't it?

You are damn right is was MY JOB.

I was good at enough to be given design responsibility.

All quite legal.

Not for you to operate unless you held the station license.

Go Whouff-Hong yourself, sweetums. I DID have a station license
in the PLMRS (as its called now) in a partnership in a business.

Don't give us this CRAP about "holding a station license" when you've
stated in the past in here that ham radio is "all about OPERATING."

Guess what, Len? You can get an amateur license for VHF/UHF that
doesn't require a code test.

Guess what, Rev. Jim, you can become a REAL Preacher by going to
a theology school instead of playing the part in a newsgroup.

Then you give your sermons a real kick...the ones about the Sermon on
The Antenna Mount.

Is it your guilt over your own bootlegging that causes you to attack
those who followed the law, even as teenagers?

You are really REACHING for some Flame War, aren't you, Rev. Jim?

Why don't you pull out your Raddio Kop shield and come arrest me for
bootlegging?

Who is this "Rev. Jim" you keep addressing?

Yourself, Stokey. Get off the hard stuff before it does you in...

The age thing is yours, Len, not mine. You recommended that FCC not
license anyone under age 14.

Let us know when you've passed the mental age of 14 and we can
discuss things rationally. So far, you aren't close to that.

Why are you avoiding that simple question?

WHAT "question?"

"Why should there be *any* written test on theory if all a person
wants to do is operate manufactured radios?

"If someone doesn't want to design, build or repair radios, why should
they have to memorize all those symbols, diagrams and formulas?"

Those aren't "questions" except to the loaded, "do you still beat your
wife" sort of "questions."

They don't have to be "answered" because YOU don't have one single
bit of "authority" to demand answers.

Take pride in your work for a living. Reveal at least the area of
"electrical
work" you do.

I've never known anyone in electronics engineering to NOT take pride in
what they do or talk shop about it. You are the exception. You won't
say word one about what area of "electrical engineering" you are in.

Either you do NOT work in "electrical engineering" or you are terribly
ashamed of what you do that you don't dare admit it.

Either way, ALL you are is an AMATEUR who tries to pass hisself off as
a great big guru in AMATEURISM.

Show me up by giving an answer to that, Fearless Fosdick.

Bet you can't. You will weasel-word your way around it.

LHA