Old September 19th 03, 03:58 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

the PCTA crowd just said "six mega what ???"

you screwed up and mentioned something modern
and applicable in the real world.... they're trapped
in 1952.

Clint:

In exactly what way is transmitting 6 megapixel color images using
CW "applicable in the real world?"

This shouldn't take long. I shall use short words with few syllables so
that you can understand what I had said.

Clint:

Ah, the old "start off with an insult to the intelligence to the poster"
opening. A classic on Usenet, particularly on rrap. Well done -- you've
already lost your argument!

Obviously you flew over it
without any REAL discrimination to the actual wording.

Not really, but if it gives you comfort to think so, who am I to deny
you your little pleasure?

I never claimed you COULD send that with CW.

Ah Ha! That makes one wonder why you mentioned it, then…

What I was saying is that the majority of the CW-using crowd is
trapped in a time warp that keeps them set back 30 years or so
(evident by thier "hell bent for leather" desire to keep cw testing
around), and wouldn't understand the concept of anything modern
(such as updating the various requirements in ham radio).

Well, we all know that this isn't true, just another specious
non-argument by a whining NCTA.

BTW -- if I'm "trapped in 1952" -- the year I was born, BTW, why isn't
a gallon of gasoline selling for 24 cents? Damn those time traps --
they're never around when you need them!

and, likewise, the cost of living along with the average wages were
considerably less.

True enough. I guess what we need is a selective "time trap" that just
"traps" prices.

My advice, in the future, is to think before you talk, lest your
foot winds up in your mouth and you look silly.

Yeah -- good thing I wasn't "talking."

"better to keep your mouth shut and have people WONDER
if your stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt."

And, you even finish with an insult to my intelligence. I'll say one
thing for you, my friend, you really have this Usenet thing dialed in!

73 de Larry, K3LT