Old September 19th 03, 01:29 AM
Robert

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote

[ transmitting a 6 mega-pixel image]

I never claimed you COULD send that with CW.

Well, actually, you _could_. I don't have all the tech stuff handy
to determine just how large a 6 mega-pixel 24-bit color image would actually
_be_, so let's just call it a 6 megabyte file, making it, what, 48 million
bits? Now, how many bits in a 'word' of Morse, average? A dozen, maybe? So,
sending at, let's say, 20 wpm gives us a hypothetical bit-rate of 240
bits/min or 4 bits/sec, so we come out with a mere 12 million seconds to
transmit the image (I _swear_ I did not intend for that answer to come out
that simple!).
It would only take 138.88 days.....

---