Old January 28th 04, 03:46 AM
Mark

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:15:57 +0100, "Massi"
wrote:

Hello to everybody,
first of all I say sorry for my bad English and for my really bad knowledge.
I'm projecting an antenna for RFID (13.56 MHz) and I don't know if is
possible to use a strip line with this frequency.
I've seen that in some books there are some theory equations regarding GHz,
but nothing about Mhz.
Is the wavelenght too long compare to the dimension of a stripline?
Thank you,

Massimo

Most people just use a resonant loop and work with the (relatively)
low radiation efficiency. Most RFID applications are close range, so
the antenna's radiation pattern is of little concern. Many application
notes on the web describe calculating the inductance of the loop and
the tuning procedures necessary to achieve resonance at the desired Q
(which affects bandwidth).

Mark