Old September 20th 03, 04:53 AM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Wow! That's quite a policy statement from a country with a little more
than 120 radio amateurs and it comes hot on the heels of the big move by
Ireland with its slightly more than 1,500 hams.

Dave K8MN

Wow! You've stated that you've operated from countries where you were
the only active amateur.

I don't recall making a statement about attempting to influence a
foreign country's policy on amateur radio.

Somehow that was significant then, but 120 or 1,500 native amateurs
aren't?

Yes, it is significant that a country has only one radio amateur.
No, I made no comparison to my being in a unique situation and a country
having a small population of radio amateurs deciding to abolish morse
testing.

There's that famous Heil smugness again.

Not really, my little electrolyte. It is simply you attempting once
again to tie two unrelated events together.

Dave K8MN