Old September 21st 03, 07:28 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Clint" rattlehead at
computron dot net writes:

Outside of sounding like low-grade bull****, that "reason" could be

taken
as wanting a government WELFARE program to preserve morse code.

If morsemanship is so damn much fun, easy to learn, etc., then it can
be done WITHOUT needing the subsistence of any federal testing.

That was my EXACT point in an earlier post.... I was told by a certain
PCTA type that "it won't exist anymore unless we force it on everybody"...
well, heh, according to darwin and also the free market, the most fit
survive and the free market, left to run the course as it will in and of
its own needs will result in the best suited result.

Clint:

The so-called "free market" is VERY highly regulated all over the globe.
About the only thing most business entrepreneurs are "free" to do these
days is to strictly comply with regulations telling them what they can
sell, how they can sell it, and whom they can sell it to. Code testing
doesn't even come close to being the same thing, particularly since
the Technician's license gives a ham 97% of all available amateur
radio operating privileges without a hint of a code test.

If you have to MAKE it happen, then it isn't making it on it's own
merit.

Fine. Then let's get rid of any and all testing in schools at every
educational level. After all, all those tests only "force" students to
demonstrate academic achievement, don't they? That's "making"
an education happen, so we can't have that, can we?

social engineering.
it's affirmative action for CW; it's as you said, a welfare program for
it....

Don't look now, Clint, but welfare programs are "handouts" that give
away valuable assets as if the recipient were entitled to them simply
by virtue of being there with his/her hand out. It is the NCTA that
wants a welfare program, not the PCTA.

One of the classic NCTA whines. Us horrible old PCTA's want to keep
Morse code going so that we can continue to demonstrate the dominance
of the white, middle-class, American male, who represents 5% of the
world's population yet consumes 25% of the planet's resources,

and ALSO produces 33% of the worlds economic output, to the tune
of 11 TRILLION dollars out of the 33 trillion sum total of all nations.

Just to keep the record straight.

So what's your problem, then?

73 de Larry, K3LT